Improve Efficiency & Comfort with Aeroseal Duct Sealing Technology
Home building standards have improved the integrity of ductwork in the last 15 years, but it’s estimated that leaky ducts still cost American homeowners $25 billion dollars each year. Fortunately, there is a simple way to effectively seal ductwork, keeping hot or cold air inside your home and dollars inside your wallet.
How Does Aeroseal Work?
Aeroseal is a technology that works from the inside out, moving through the entire system of ductwork, filling minor holes and leaks as it goes, similar to Fix-A-Flat for punctured tires.
- Ducts are sealed off and air is pumped into the ductwork, pressurizing the system.
- Aerosolized polymers are released into the vents.
- Any small leaks that exist begin to release air, pulling the aerosolized polymers towards the leaks.
- The polymers build up in cracks and crevices, filling all holes from the inside.
- Throughout the process, technicians monitor the reduction in duct leakage in real-time.
Noticeable & Measurable Improvements
Brennan Heating & Air Conditioning runs a duct leakage test before and after every duct sealing. The resulting Certificate of Completion quantifies the amount of air leaking from a home’s ductwork. This test-in, test-out approach ensures measurable returns on each homeowner’s investment. While improvements in the 15-20% range are most common, Brennan has been able to reduce leakage from 40% down to less than 5%!
Improve Indoor Air
Ductwork resides in basements and crawl spaces, where dust and musty odors can infiltrate a home through duct leaks. Poor ductwork can cause health issues as dirty air circumvents filters located within HVAC equipment. Homeowners with ductwork that has been sealed with Aeroseal describe their indoor air as odorless and notice decreases in dust accumulation.
Rebates & Tax Credits Available for Aeroseal
Qualifying homeowners who seal their ducts with Aeroseal can earn up to $1,250 in rebates. Talk to your Brennan comfort specialist for more details.